· Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:00 a.m. CST
· 3rd annual Lady Speed Stick Women’s ½ Marathon Presented by Publix and the Women’s Running Magazine 5k
· Event now produced by the Competitor Group, organizers of the St. Jude Country Music Marathon Presented by Nissan, the Columbia Muddy Buddy and the Titans Back to Football 5k
· Nashville, Tennessee
· The half marathon and 5k begin at 7:00 a.m. Both distances start and finish at the same line in front of the Country Music Hall of Fame.
· Both the half marathon and 5K courses are USTAF certified. All participants on the course during the race must be registered and wearing a bib! Participants must maintain a 18 minute per mile or less pace. Half Marathon course must be completed within 4 hours. 5K course must be completed within 1 hour.
· 2012: More than 5,000 participants expected in the half-marathon and 5k
· Finishers enjoy a custom medal, designer goodie bag, cookie cafe and much more
· WALKERS ARE WELCOME!
· 13.1-mile foot race
· 5k race
Half MarathonReg opens at $85 (1/15/12 – 2/29/12)
$90 (3/1/12 – 5/31/12)
$95 (6/1/12 – 8/15/12)
$100 (8/16/12 – online reg close)5KReg opens at $35 (1/15/12 – 8/15/12)
$40 (8/16/12 – online reg close)
To register or for more information, please visit womenshalfmarathon.com/nashville
· Health & Fitness Expo – Free & Open to the Public
· Nashville Convention Center, 601 Commerce Street, Nashville, TN 37203
· Thursday, September 20 – 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday, September 21 – 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
· Expo times are subject to change.
· Each registered individual must pick up her own race packet at the Health & Fitness Expo.
· Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA)
· The YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Cheer Zones & Water Stop Volunteers Needed:
· Cheer Zones have the spirit that helps motivate and inspire each participant during their 13.1-mile journey to the finish line. Every Cheer Zone will be eligible to win the coveted “Most Spirited” Award and $300.00 cash prize!
· Water Stops: We provide all of the water, supplies, and equipment – you supply the volunteers. Each Water Stop is encouraged to compete for the prestigious “Best Water Stop” Award and $500 cash prize.
All City Agencies:
Nashville Sports Council
Volunteers - 1,000+ working with the event throughout the week.