- Saturday, April 26, 2014
- 15th annual St. Jude Country Music Marathon™ & ½ Marathon presented by Nissan For more information or to register for the event, visit RunRocknRoll.com/Nashville
- Nashville, Tennessee
- A brand new start line, amidst Lower Broadway's honkytonks in downtown Nashville, as well as a new course route.
- Runners will still pass numerous Nashville landmarks including Music Row, Belmont University and Bicentennial Mall. The course will lead participants past the Schermerhorn Symphony, the new Music City Center and the Musica Roundabout before finishing outside of LP Field, home of the NFL Tennessee Titans.
- 2014: More than 30,000 participants expected in the full, half and mini-marathon.
- KiDS race, known as KiDS ROCK presented by YMCA of Middle Tennessee, will feature more than 6,000 kids.
- Mini Marathon now a 5K: Over 1,500 participants expected to run.
More than 50 bands along the course at 28 Entertainment Stages
- Local cheerleading squads line the route competing in the Spirit on the Course competition
- Nationally known Country Artists will perform at the post-race concert
- 26.2-mile foot race and wheelchair race
- 13.1-mile foot race
- 5K Mini Marathon
- 2-day Health & Fitness Expo
- KiDS ROCK Nashville presented by YMCA of Middle Tennessee
- 61% women overall
- 53% from out of state
- 2013-30,000 visitors to the city from all 50 states and 26 countries.
- 2014 Economic Impact was $38.2 million.
This is the third year
that St. Jude Children's Research Hospitals because
of the generous support of the Nashville community and
people across the region and country that St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
has been able to lead the way the world understands, treats and defeats
childhood cancer and other deadly diseases. For more information, visit stjude.org.
THURSDAY, APRIL 24
Health & Fitness Expo – Free & Open to the Public 7 p.m., Music City Center, 201 5th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37203: Halls C-D
- Health & Fitness Expo Sports & Entertainment Main Stage
- 1:00 p.m. Music City Center: Lobby near Halls C-D
- Mayor Karl Dean, ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Nissan and Competitor Group Executives PLUS cheerleaders, charity accomplishments, community announcements, road closures, KiDS’ ROCK and spectator information.
- Race day parking passes and media credentials will be available for pick-up at the briefing.
- Detailed race day media access will be discussed.
FRIDAY, APRIL 25
Health & Fitness Expo – Free & Open to the Public 7 p.m., Music City Center: 201 5th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37203: Hall C-D
- St. Jude Heroes Pasta Party: Songwriters event – Open to those running for the benefiting charity
- 6 p.m., Music City Center, 201 5th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37203-Ballroom A
a St. Jude Hero?
s Research HospitalSt. Jude Heroes run as
individuals and some form teams to raise anywhere from $100 to $10,000 and
beyond, so families never receive a bill from St. Jude for anything.
SATURDAY, APRIL 26 –
St. Jude Country Music Marathon & ½ Marathon presented by Nissan Post-race concert at Bridgestone Arena
- ABC's Nashville Chip Easton and Clare Bowen will co-headline the post-race concert. Chase Rice is opening act.
- Doors open at 6 p.m. Concert starts at 7 p.m.
- The concert is open to all registered runners and volunteers.
- Additional tickets are now on sale for $35.00 at TicketMaster.com or the Bridgestone Arena box office.
SUNDAY, APRIL 27
- KiDS ROCK presented by YMCA of Middle Tennessee ·
- Registration still open.
- 2013 event sold out three months in advance.
- Over 6, 000 kids will run the final mile of a cumulative kid’s marathon training program.
- 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The St. Jude Country Music Marathon & ½ Marathon has turned Nashville into a running destination.
- Franklin-based Nissan returns as the presenting sponsor and official automobile of the event.
- Support of all City Agencies; Public Works; Metro Police; Nashville CVC; Nashville Sports Council
- Volunteers - 3,000 working with the event throughout the week.
About the St. Jude Country Music Marathon & ½ Marathon presented by Nissan
Competitor event, the St. Jude Country Music Marathon & ½ Marathon
presented by Nissan will celebrate its 15th running in the Music City on
Saturday, April 26, 2014. Featuring many of Nashville’s best live bands on 28
stages along the 26.2 and 13.1-mile courses, the musically themed road race annually
attracts more than 30,000 runners. Race weekend will kick off with a day
Health & Fitness Expo on Thursday, April 25 and includes KiDS ROCK presented
by YMCA of Middle Tennessee and a post-race concert Saturday night at the
Bridgestone Arena. All participants receive
free entry to the concert. Over the 14-year
history of the race, runners have raised more than $23 million for a variety of
worthy causes and nonprofit organizations, including St. Jude Children’s
Research Hospital. For more information, please visit runrocknroll.com or
follow @RunRocknRoll on Twitter.
Kim Dettwiller, (615)330-5656, email@example.com
Emily Gibbs, (858) 527-5483, firstname.lastname@example.org
Aisha Rogers, (901) 216-3132, email@example.com